There are a lot of waffle recipes. Everyone thinks he has to spice up the waffles with secret, special, unusual and above all completely unnecessary ingredients. All nonsense!
The best waffles are made of very simple ingredients – it depends only on the correct mixing ratio. My dear friend Katja gave me the recipe of her mom. This will give you the best and most fluffy waffles ever. And I have already tested many, many waffles. Aye!
My dear friend Jamie MacBear shows, how it works:
- 125g Butter
- 125g Sugar
- 250g Flour
- 250ml Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Package of Vanilla sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Tablespoon of lemon peel
- Optional: Icing sugar, cream, cherries in glass or fresh strawberries.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the butter and sugar until frothy, gradually adding the egg yolk.
- Alternately add flour, baking soda, milk and vanilla sugar.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Bake the finished dough with a greased waffle iron golden brown.
- Sprinkle the waffles with icing sugar as desired and decorate with cherries or strawberries and cream.